Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cool? Hmm....

Being human beings...or at least I think you are, we all have our own personal traits and behave as such and such during different situations. Now, time and again people have labeled other with their reactions and personalities. So commonly, some guys are cool and some gals are hot. Fair enough, we all have different views on people. But what is the criteria for being 'cool'?

Before I start, 'cool' can be used to describe personality and appearance. I dunno I make up the rules, I just do what every annoying person does: question it.

Anywho...Cool. What defines a person as cool? Is it a leather jacket dude with a fag between his lips, leaning against a wall. Looking at people through his dark shades, constantly combing his greasy hair with his fingers? Or maybe a flamboyantly dressed female with either a brightly coloured vest or a dark clothes to look very chic and cool? Well, cool has been associated with style and I'm giving some very bad examples...sorry, I'm not really very now and hip.

But, I feel 'cool' should be something more than what you wear. It's who you are. Basically, you're either cool or an asshole to me. Simple. Even people labeled as 'Geeks', 'Nerds' or whatever are cool. Assholes, however, go about doing crazy shit to people and inevitably slow mankind's progress. Being nice and considerate is cool. Being a 'nice guy' is cool. You don't have to be the fittest jock...who I KNOW are assholes...a number of 'em are, to be 'cool'. I mean, I play guitar in a band...don't make me cool. Far from it. Being cool is how you handle your life and people around you. It's character and attitude. It's not what you wear or what you have achieved.

I mean little stuffs make you cool: giving up a seat on a public transport, being polite to others, being a gentlemen, (for girls) giving me your number and letting me go out with you...You know, there are many things. So just bear in mind, who gives a shit what people say, hold your chin up high, do the good thing and help others...that is cool. Even when people are being major dicks to you, screw them and carry on with your life...that's cool.

With that being said...I don't think, but I KNOW I'm super awesome and cool...yea...I sound like an asshole now...Damn.

1 comment:

shirin said...

maybe you could leave a link on your blog on the song u composed.

should garner some interest.

and ps: u ain't boring ya.